Pour Traduire le texte choississez Français en Haut à Gauche
Are you ready to work out? Then give me ten minutes! I'm Samantha Clayton, fitness expert and former competitive sprinter. I'm working with Herbalife to help you achieve a healthy, active life.
I want to put you through an athletic drills workout that you could do prior to starting a treadmill routine or road run, or as an actual workout. Athletes tend to perform event specific drills before workouts to prepare their body and mind for the task ahead. For athletes, this is simply a slight advancement from a standard dynamic warm up. But for non-athletes, it can feel like a great fat burning routine. Complete each of these moves for 30 seconds, and then start the circuit again from the top.
- Jog in place. Focus on mobilizing the ankle.
- High knee skips—you're literally skipping up in place. The aim of this is to get height by pushing off the mid foot.
- High knees—again, focus on the mid foot pushing up.
- High knee hops—hop from side to side to really work the ankles, knees, and core.
- High knee coordination hops—this will challenge your coordination a bit.
- Butt kicks—heel to glutes.
- Four square drill—come up onto one foot, hop forward, hop to the side, and then hop back.
- Lateral shuffle—get down low and shuffle from side to side.
- Hurdle lifts—stand still, come up onto one foot, tap back, and then lift your leg as if you're going over a hurdle.
- Fast feet, and then drop to the floor for mountain climbers
You don't have to be an athlete to enjoy these great athletic based moves. Try adding them to your current fitness routine to help improve your balance coordination and strength. If you have adequate space, perform these drills while moving forward as this will add an extra element of difficulty. For more videos, check out my Herbalife Fit Tips playlist http://hrbl.me/Herbalife_FitTips and take a look at my blog http://www.discovergoodfitness.com for motivation and fitness advice.